First Time Homebuyer
As a first time home buyer the home buying process can be daunting. We can help you get pre-approved and on your way to owning your first home. We will help you every step of the way, free of charge.
First time home buyers
Your first step in the home buying process is getting pre-approved. Here is a quick list of why you need to be pre-approved:
- You will find out what you can afford (online calculators aren’t accurate)
- Without being pre-approved, you will not be able to put a “no condition” offer on a home
- We make sure you understand all closing costs
- We put you into a rate hold for up to 120 days in case rates rise
- We make sure all of your questions are answered
Why choose us?
Firstly, we use a network of lenders all competing for your mortgage business to make sure you are getting the best rate and terms. Please check out our Lenders for more information. Secondly, it is becoming more challenging for first time home buyers to purchase a residence due to increased prices, interest rates and tightening of regulations. Therefore, we want to go above and beyond to help our clients become home owners. Additionally, to assist you with costs, every first time home buyer will receive a $200 gift toward their legal fees to reduce their payment at closing. Lastly, we work 7 days a week to make sure your offer closes on time and that you do not miss out on your dream home.
Other savings you must know about
– As a first time home buyer you are entitled to the Land Transfer Tax Rebate of $4,000. This will cover all of the land transfer tax up to a $364,000 home as of 2018.
– If you are putting less than a 20% down payment you will not have to pay an appraisal fee. This is valued at about $350.
– First Time Home Buyers Tax Credit (HBTC)- Save up to $750 on your first income tax return after the purchase of your first home.
If you have any questions or concerns about the process we are here to help you 7 days a week.
You can Apply Online. This option will allow you to do most of the pre-approval process from the comfort of your own home. Shortly after completing the online application we will give you a call to confirm any details and make sure you know your pre-approval amount.
Request that we Contact You. Our in office pre-approval is a quick process and will allow you to meet us directly. We will make sure to answer any additional questions you may have in regards to purchasing your first home.